Monday, December 31, 2007

Return to Amphioxus

Yikes! Here I am on new year's eve and I havn't blogged since November 18th! Yowza!
Well... I am alive. And I'm on Winter break.... I'll post something useful and witty sometime soon.
My grandfather passed away Saturday morning--so I have a funeral today to attend. It's just now hitting me that he's gone. But I guess with life there must be death. Alas, life goes on.

Danielle and I broke up before winter break too--over some crazy circumstances involving airborne Bailey's Irish Cream, my eyeball, a katana, and one pathetic excuse for a human being. It happpens I suppose. Alas, life goes on.

The break is almost over now. I've not gotten anything remotely productive done. Aside from reading a few chapters out of my Zoology book, I've wasted the break. I feel that if i had two more weeks, I'd be in that motivated state that I was in at the start of last semester.
Speaking of the semester... I managed to pass Calculus with a "C" (Good Riddance!!), get my ''B" in Organic Chemistry, and a set of A's from the Orgo Lab and Genetics. This semester should be fun--with about 15 hours a week with Dr. Stallsmith, the job (I got another raise!), and Orgo 2. Hopefully with more class, but less classes, I'll be able to stay focused this semester.
Thankfully, my Fridays are free this semester; minus any research hours I may take on.

Perhaps I'll post something wholesome later.
Happy New Year!

1 comment:

V said...

The only constant in life is change. That last night was fucked up... Sorry about the loss of your grandfather; that's never easy. I'll always be here for you. I'm sure you will do well this semester in school with the additional stress of Cal out of the way.