Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Finals, Fish, and Friends!

It's been well over a week since my last post, but a lot has been going on! I studied for a good 70 hours for that math final. I used up almost all of the 3 hours allotted for the test, and the computer screwed me on a few questions, but somehow I managed to pull out an A. My average in the class comes out to be a 89. If that doesn't get bumped to a 90 with my lowest test dropped---there's gonna be hell to pay! That was a well-welcomed relief before my other exams. Monday started out fairly well...then the stress really set in about an hour into my programming final. Everyone in the class took the entire 3 hours. NO ONE FINISHED. Not one person. Yes, not even yours truly. So hopefully that test will be scaled, and I'll pull an A out of that class too. Mr Jwon Kwan "Jake" Lee sent us an E-mail the other day after the test, saying he graded the tests and didn't like the grades he saw (shocker!). He also pointed out how everyone probably hated him even more...and then had a good paragraph pity party about how his graduate life is so difficult, etc... After that rather demoralizing experience, I moved onto my Biology final---which I had not studied for at freaking all. Hindsight is 20/20 they say, and I believe it, because I probably should have really studied a little for that test. I still am 100% sure that I A'ed the course, but I let myself down for the final. A's are fine and dandy, but I'd rather ace the course that I'm majoring in--and If I would have studied, I could have done that. Oh well-- I haven't ruined my chances for Princeton just yet.
Finals went well. I got my yellow belt in karate, (hopefully) a 4.0, and am ready for my next semester of classes.

The aquarium has been set up for the break, and I hope it will do well. The RD is supposed to check in on it occasionally, and I hope he will. I failed at getting a legit dripper--I asked some pharmacists at Target and Wal-Mart, but they all just looked at me like I was cooking meth or something. Hopefully the three knots and check-valve won't fail me over a month.
I have plans to finish my aquarium canopy that I started on a few months back, hopefully ill find some free time to work on it over the break.

The past two weeks have been fantastic. I've felt like I was actually living. Nick and I had a rather fantastic conversation last night--spanning from 11pm to 3am---with a Waffle House visit thrown in too. I've really appreciated his friendship over this semester. Same with Heather and Emily, it's going to be tough not seeing any of my newly made friends over a month. I feel really lucky to have met such great people.

There's countless things I should probably tell you guys about, but I don't know where to start, so I guess you just will have to live without knowing a few things.

Cheers,
Andrew

1 comment:

Haley Wolfe said...

I'm so glad you posted before I left! It's just one night without Internet, I know... but I'm addicted. Well, this is also something I can do instead of pack. :P
Pff, you'll get the 4.0 (in spite of the meth production... I guess you'd be using your overflowing toilet for it... that really made me laugh!!) You seem way happier than you did at the beginning. And you've ended up with some great friendships. That makes a huge difference.
"I guess you will just have to live without knowing a few things"
lol, goodness Andy, that sounded so mafia-ish.. if you come home w/ a dead body in your trunk, it might be a bit awkward...
I hope your break gets off to a good start! I'll probably get stressed out in Daphne and call you to complain. ;) w00t.